Netherlands – online vacany ads up 44% in 2018

No fewer than 16,334,351 vacancy ads were placed online in the Netherlands for the full year 2018, an increase of 44% compared to 2017, according to figures from Jobfeed, Textkernel’s big data tool for online vacancies.

in five job vacancy ads were in Zuid-Holland (South Holland). North Holland accounted for 18.6% of all online vacancies while North Brabant had a market share of 16.9%. All three provinces accounted for a market share of 55.9% in 2018.

Meanwhile, Installation, repair and maintenance saw the biggest increase in 2018 with a growth of 1.3% over the year.

Jobfeed’s data also showed that approximately 33% of job vacancies were part-time jobs, while the rest, approximately 67%, were from full time jobs.

Data from Eurostat found that the Dutch unemployment rate stood at 3.6% in December 2018.